Parental Controls Booklet 2020- This guide will help you set up parental controls to provide your child with a safer online
The internet is an amazing resource which enables children and young people to connect, communicate and be creative in a number of different ways, on a range of devices. However, the internet is always changing, and being able to keep up to date with your children’s use of technology can be a challenge.
You may sometimes feel that your children have better technical skills than you do, however children and young people still need advice and protection when it comes to managing their lives online.
Find out more about how to keep your family safe online with the UK Safer Internet Centre's four steps:
- Have ongoing conversations with your children about staying safe online and why not use our family agreement?
- Use safety tools on social networks and other online services, eg Facebook privacy settings, YouTube Restricted Mode
- Decide if you want to use parental controls on your home internet
- Understand devices and the parental control tools they offer in this Parents' Guide to Technology
How to report an issue:
- To report an incident of online abuse click on the 'Report Abuse' button which is visible on most social media sites and on our website
- If you beleive that a child under 13 is using Instagram you can report it here.
- If you believe that a child under 13 is using Facebook you can report it here.
Other Useful Links