We currently have 1 vacancy which is currently on hold due to the Coronavirus pandemic:
- Year 6 Class Teacher
- S & L Teaching Assistant
Year 6 Class Teacher
Due to the retirement of our long-serving Year 6 teacher, we are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to start in September 2020.
The advert for the post can be found by following the link and visits to the school are warmly welcome. Application forms can be found on the right and will need to be submitted to the school office.
We will continue the application process after the Coronavirus pandemic. Please contact the school office if you would like further details.
S & L Teaching Assistant
- Salary: Band D (£18,795 to £19,171 pro rata)
- Part-time - Monday to Friday 8.50am - 3.30pm, Term Time Only (with 1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Required for September 2020
St Mary’s Roman Catholic Primary School is a welcoming and vibrant Primary School situated in Lowestoft. Staff, parents and Governors are very proud of the school and recognise it is a delightful place to grow and learn.
The school was a founding member in May 2016 of the St John the Baptist Catholic Multi Academy Trust. The school shares an Executive Head with another local Catholic school and there is a tradition of long established joint support between the two schools and the aspiration to share more leadership, staffing, CPD and vision to be the best possible environments for learning, growth and spiritual development.
We have a vacancy for a teaching assistant, preferably with suitable experience in supporting speech and language needs, to work in a Year 2 class from September 2020, providing intensive support for a child both individually and within small groups. The ability to work closely with the class teacher and the staff team is essential. Experience with speech sounds and visual phonics would be an advantage. Further training and support will be provided from outreach speech and language support.
We are looking for:
- Experience of supporting a range of speech and language needs
- Knowledge of speech and language support structures such as visual phonics
- Evidence of CPD in the area of speech and language support
We can offer you:
- Friendly and enthusiastic children
- Excellent support from our dedicated team of staff
- A commitment to on-going professional development
- Strong links with the community and church
- A school committed to staff well-being
If you would like to discuss this position further please contact the school office : 01502 565384.
Closing date for applications: Monday 1st June 2020 at midday.
Shortlisting date: Tuesday 2nd June 2020
Interview date: Friday 5th June 2020
Application forms should be returned to email@example.com or by post to Mrs P Crane, Executive Headteacher, Kirkley Cliff, Lowestoft, NR33 0DG
Applicants should be supportive of our ethos. St John the Baptist CMAT welcomes applications from members of minority ethnic communities and those with disabilities. The MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to DBS checks along with relevant employment checks.
All jobs are subject to the completion of the following documents which can be downloaded from this page:
- CES Application Form (Teacher or Support Staff)
- CES Recruitment Monitoring Form
- CES Rehabilitation Form
Contracts are subject to the following checks, unless exceptionally you are exempt from any of the checks, in accordance with the relevant paragraphs below:
- Two employment references satisfactory to the Employer
- Medical clearance
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance satisfactory to the Employer
- Confirmation of qualifications and, where appropriate, Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and successful completion of a statutory induction period
- Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
- Verification of Identity and of the Right to Work in the UK
- Proof of NI Number
Our Mission Statement
At St Mary's, we celebrate God's love for us, as we learn and grow together.
We live life to the full, to become the best we can be.
St. Mary’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS with Barred check and satisfactory references.