Can we get extra funding for your child?
Should I apply for Free School Meals?
If you are entitled to Free School Meals due to your financial circumstances, please apply. If you are eligible, your claim will ensure the school receives the Pupil Premium funding for your child. It does not matter how old your child is.
From September 2014 the government introduced Universal infant free school meals. This means that families with children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are eligible to claim a free school meal for their child. There are no eligibility criteria, every YR, Y1 and Y2 child is entitled. However, if your family circumstances mean that you are eligible for Free School Meals as well, please apply as a successful application will mean the school gets Pupil Premium for your child.
Your child does not have to have a school meal if you would prefer to supply your own packed lunch.
How will PP Funding help my child?
We can use the extra funding to support your child in a variety of ways including:
- Before School ‘Sunshine Club’ to improve progress
- Free Breakfast and Homework Club
- Free Extra Curricular Clubs
- School Trips subsidy
How can my child trigger the extra funding for our school?
Do you receive one of the following:?
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
- Universal Credit
When do I apply?
When your child starts in Reception, you are invited to check your eligibility.
You may apply whenever you think you may be eligible. Even if you think you would only be eligible for a short time or if your child is getting free meals as a YR, Y1 or Y2 child, please apply as it makes a big difference to your child and to the school. While you remain eligible, you do not have to re-apply.
How do I apply?
Fill out a Free School Meals Application Form online at Suffolk County Council.
What happens next?
- The Council will check if you are entitled or not
- The school will be informed and your children will receive Free School Meals
- The School will look at your child’s learning needs and discuss with you what extra support we can offer.
- Your child can attend Breakfast Club, Homework Club and other after school activities for free!
Would you like more advice?
support is available to support and advice you on a wide range of issues including:
- school attendance;
- behaviour and routines;
- bullying concerns;
- financial needs;
- how to access a benefit check
- free school meals.
Soo Strong is our Family Support Worker and is available every Tuesday. She can meet you at school, in town, or at your home. You can arrange a meeting by contacting the School Office or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A Government report shows that our school receives a below average amount of Pupil Premium funds. Please find out if your family meets the criteria for your child to receive Free School Meals. The school can then apply for extra Pupil Premium funds to support their learning. To find out more and apply online, go to Suffolk Free School Meals, or ring 01473 260989. You can also have a chat with Mrs Cooper to find out more.